Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Great American Beer Fest (GABF)

Just got back for the GABF and I'm sad to say I didn't bring back any hardware. I had entered a Cream ale (24 entries), Blueberry (104), Chocolate beer (85), a wet hopped Amber Ale (32), Double Bourbon Barrel Cherry Imperial Stout (45), Baltic Porter (16), and Scotch Ale (37). If there was public opinion, the Chocolate would of won hands down. I brought 1,982 samples of the Chocolate and of the Blueberry. Not even half way through the three day fest, the Chocolate ran out. The Blueberry beer was the second choice followed by the Dbl Bourbon Barrel. Now I just wait for the judging slips to be returned and we go from there. This Friday is the CF beerfest and then November 7th for the Festival of wood and barrel aged beer fest.

No comments: